How to use sockets?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 06:32:45 EST 2004

--- thierry <douez at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've read in some technical books that Datagram is
> not a sure way
> to send information; means that some transport
> packets can be lost
> over the Net.
>
> Can someone tell me if it's still true on a single
> Win machine with
> 2 applications talking together with Datagram
> sockets ?
>
> or pointing some good information on this ?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Best regards,  thierry

Hi Thierry,

Just a note of warning : it's hard to imagine in these
Internet times, but there are plenty of Windows
computers where the TCP/IP network protocol is not
installed or not turned on -- and UDP and TCP will not
work on such machines.

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====