How to use sockets?

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 18 06:28:37 EST 2004

Hi,

>> BvG> On Nov 07 2004, at 23:46, DJ Grumble wrote:
>> BvG> note: this is the hard way, with datagramm sockets its way
>> simpler,....

BvG> With datagram sockets you don't need to care about delimiters, also the
BvG> connection scheme is simpler, as you normally don't use as much
BvG> callback messages:

i've read in some technical books that Datagram is not a sure way
to send information; means that some transport packets can be lost
over the Net.

Can someone tell me if it's still true on a single Win machine with
2 applications talking together with Datagram sockets ?

or pointing some good information on this ?

thanks a lot,

Best regards,  thierry