Metal .gif available [was Rev 2.5 Redraw Problems]

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Thu Nov 18 03:44:44 EST 2004

Having read about the various problems with metal windows in 2.2 and
2.5 I decided to see if I couldn't fake it with a metal
backgroundPattern.  I tweaked a pattern I found on the web, and it
looks pretty good, with no obvious lines between the tiles.  If anyone
wants to use it let me know and I'll post it.  Using it is as easy as
typing "set the backgroundPattern of this stack to theId" (where theId
is the id of the pattern after you've imported it into your stack).

-- Frank

p.s. It isn't perfect, because there really needs to be a
semi-transparent image that gets stretched over the top of the gif
(providing a bit of shadowing), but I found that stretching the png
image caused RunRev to crash my machine (that's right, it actually
crashed OSX!) so I gave up having it look perfect...but it's pretty
close as is, so I'm happy.

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

On Nov 18, 2004, at 6:15 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com