closeField

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 16 11:58:08 EST 2004

All-

I'm trying to see when a field's contents have changed by using a
closeField handler, but the message never seems to be issued. Any idea
why this might be? I know there's a note about the MacOS platform and
buttons in the documentation, but this situation a) occurs on Windows,
OS9, and OSX (haven't fired up the linux box for this yet); and b) is
the same if I switch to a different field.

Alternately, is there a better way to see if a field's contents have
changed? I've currently switched to checking for rawKeyUp and setting
a semaphore, but it's ugly and results in false positives if someone
merely clicks in the field without changing anything.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net