Keychain Experience?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 11:31:24 EST 2004

The problem with the Applescript method of adding a new user-account to
AppleMail is that:

1)   It forces AppleMail to start up first
2)   If the user doesn't have any accounts yet set up in AppleMail, then
AppleMail insists on displaying a popup immediately asking the user to input some
new account info.   There's no way to suppress this popup via AppleScript.

There is a way to hack into keychains, except that it then displays a dialog
box asking the user for their authentification for the computer.   I need a
solution that is completely silent - - - doesn't launch AppleMail, and doesn't
prompt the user for anything.   All account info, SMTP server info, etc would
get passed from Revolution directly into AppleMail's prefs.   Right now, I've
got all that working using a unix call written in C, but it can't do the
password part.