URGENT: Windows engine?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Nov 11 22:56:35 EST 2004

Mark, thanks for chiming in...

I'm really stuck: I have an app that use to work fairly well on
Windows, but now is quite broken on Windows, 2000. it is all based
around controlling quicktime playback of audio files.  Quicktime
controller scripts that work fine on OSX are failing on Windows 2000,
the controller bar doesn't even appear on Windows.

I have opened, modified and saved this stack a number of times in
2.5... So I was thinking that perhaps the standalone splash engine
"players" that I had created under 2.2  which successfully drives the
app on a Mac even though the latest version was saved in 2.5, might be
failing on a Windows machine: i.e. a stack built and saved under 2.5
might not run properly under Windows engine Rev 2.2. So I take this as
the first factor to eliminate from the equation.. but it means building
a new splash engine standalong "player" from the latest 2.5 version of
Windows.

I start a new thread on the specific windows issues/failing scripts.

OK, yes, I did download  file "Revolution.exe" and I put this in the
folder

Revolution/components/engines/Revolution.exe

but the SA setting app doesn't recognize it is there I still get "The
engine for win32 is missing, do you want to download it now?" And an
attempt to download fails. Even though a direct FTP download of the
Revolution.exe package does work.

So, I added another layer

Revolution/components/engines/Windows/Revolution.exe

but still get the same error message.

Can someone else using OSX, who is successfully building Windows app
help me here? What exactly are is the path/file name for the windows
engine? are there any permissions issues I need to be addressing?

thanks

Sivakatirswami