OS X dialog interferes with Rev screen refresh

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 11:21:42 EST 2004

I've got an app that switches between network connection types in Mac OS X.
In the event of an invalid PPPoE account during a connection attempt, Mac OS
X displays a dialog box, and then Mac app is supposed to go to a new card that
displays an error screen.

What's happening is that Revolution _thinks_ that it's displaying the error
card, and the code on that error screen is running - - - however the user still
sees the previous screen.   It appears that somehow the Mac OS X popup is
preventing Revolution from updating it's display.

I've gotten around this problem by having Revolution display it's own dialog
box, with the "answer" command.   For some reason that "wakes up" Revolution
and gets it to update it's screen display.

Is there another way to do this?   I've tries hiding/showing the stack, doing
a "lock screen", "unlock screen" - - - nothing seems to work.