Incorrect response from revNumberOfRecords ???

Frank Engel fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Nov 10 14:39:34 EST 2004

I am using RevDB to execute queries on a PostgreSQL database.  One of
the queries (in a variable called qt) results in a result set such that
revNumberOfRecords returns 0 in one of my programs.  This is highly
undesirable, since the same exact query run against the same database
with another Rev stack results in revNumberOfRecords returning 1.

Any clues?  Fairly straight SQL; no currval, or anything else to throw
off the query as being session-specific or anything...

Oh, and it works correctly in psql, too.

BTW, changing the code to attempt access to a column by number anyway
(using revDatabaseColumnNumbered(q, 1)) results in an "invalid column
number" error.

This behavior is fairly consistent within this one stack, but I can't
figure out why.

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.
$