Database Beginner

John Miller johnmiller1950 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 9 06:37:56 EST 2004

Greetings,

I am a beginner at working with databases. I want my stack to be able
to plug customer information from our company's database into various
fields. We have an OBDC driver that somehow allows us to make a text
file of this information, but I would like to access the info directly.

My first task is to identify what type of database we have.  The folder
that holds our database info has a number of files. These are
custs.dat, cust.idx, and custs.mem. Is it possible to tell what type of
database I am using by these names?

John Miller