OT Yet another installer question

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sat Nov 6 13:51:11 EST 2004

On Nov 6, 2004, at 9:46 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Thanks Mark and Frank,
>
> InstallCreator has gone commercial. It is now $59.
>
> But no matter. I have stumbled on InstallGadget. It falls within my
> definition of cheap--$19--and it is simplicity itself. (Still don't
> understand how to use the built-in Windows installer, if that's what
> it is, that is how to use Add or Remove Program applied to a RR
> standalone with an exe suffix.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

There is a commercial version as well as a free version.  I just
downloaded the new copy yesterday.  The free version just throws up an
extra screen at the end of the install that requires the user to hit
the exit button.  Most users do not even notice it.  Installers created
with this app will automatically be in the add/remove system in
Windows.  They will also have a built-in uninstaller that can be run
from the location of the app in the start menu system.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto