compress/decompress on OS X

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Nov 5 12:18:36 EST 2004

>My solution (from Serendipity Library & called by SDB Utilities and
>SDB Tools) is below;

In minimizing the Libray handlers for my second post, I found these
errors in the original logic:

on SDBCompressFile -- 3 Mar 04:RCC
[snip]
     put compressedData into URL compressedFile
     set the fileType to savedFileType -- Replaces the result of "put"
     if the result is not empty then  -- Refers to result of "set"
[snip]
end SDBCompressFile

on SDBExpandFile -- 3 Mar 04:RCC
[snip]
      put item 2 of recordFooter into dataForkBytes
      put item 3 of recordFooter into resourceForkBytes -- This
statement missing
[snip]
     if resourceForkBytes <> 0 then -- resourceForkBytes never initialized
[snip]
     put the fileType into savedType -- Should be savedFileType
[snip]
     set the fileType to savedFileType -- savedFileType never initialized
[snip]
end SDBExpandFile

The Library scripts have been corrected, and an updated copy of the
Library is available at
<http://wecode.org/serendipity/serendipity_downloader.htm>.

I have also added downloader links to SDB_Tools & Serendipity_Library
in Revolution stack format.  These two files are all that you need if
you're only interested in compression/decompression--or you're
working on a Windows platform and don't want to wait for me to get
around to publishing a file bundle for Windows...

but you really should look at the documentation and sample stacks,
sez I.                   :{`)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company