geometry manager

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Nov 5 04:40:13 EST 2004

2.1 has a few GM bugs...
Not that 2.5 isnt bug free but it is (ahem) better behaved.

My guess is that an old position got stuck or didn't get updated
because some event blocked the update. This can happen when you
have a pending error, self-resizing stack or a resizestack handler that
doesn't pass resizestack or send revUpdateGeometry back.

Try to send a revUpdateGeometry to your stack to see if it gets fixed.
If not, clear the revgeomtry settings for your control, and then
reassign the GM rules. This usually fixes the problem...

In some cases, you can put an empty resizestack handler to block the
GeomtryManager, resize your stack/controls and then remove the blocking
handler. Doesn't always work though but it's one way to fix it.

Hope that helps ya
Xa

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER