FileFormat for uploading/downloading OS X apps

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 10:01:38 EST 2004

I think I like your gzip method best, as then I can controll the
decompression in Revolution.   I'm still having some trouble getting the decompressed file
to be usable, however.   So far, this part gets the file and decompresses it:

put decompress(URL "http://www.librarytools.com/InstallAIM4.7.gz") into URL
"binfile://InstallAIM4.7"

But unfortunately what comes back isn't usable.   It does appear to be the
right file-size, however, so I think I'm close.   I have a feeling this is one
of those Mac OS X resource-fork issues.

In a message dated 11/3/04 1:31:23 AM, soapdog at mac.com writes:

put URL "http://www.librarytools.com/InstallAIM4.7.gz" into URL
"binfile://InstallAIM4.7"