FileType in Mac OSX

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Nov 2 13:45:45 EST 2004

Bon soir Yves,

> Hi list and French users,
>
> for Mac OSX, which are the filetype of
>
> "textEdit"
> and
> "Apercu" (I don't know the name of the soft in English, sorry !)

is this a OSX application, that came with OS X?

Anyway, check "the detailed files" of a folder which contains an
"Apercu" document...
Then look at the last item of the appropriate line, that's the correct
filetype :-)

Example, which shows a Rev document:

revLibMy+Library.rev,949,0,1066335845,1066328645,1098638965,0,501,80,644
,RevoRSTK

Check "files" in the docs for more info about what info this line will
give you :-)

Unfortunately, the last item is empty with TextEdit docs...

Hope that helps

> so I can use in script :
>
> set the fileType to ""
>
> Thanks.