Format of pasted text

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 30 19:24:40 EDT 2004

It seems that if I get some unformatted text onto the clipboard and paste
it into a field in a stack, it is formatted (in my case as 16 point Arial -
entirely inappropriate for what I want). Anyone know why this happens or
how I can prevent it?

While I'm talking about 'paste', I put a button onto a card whose script was

  on mouseUp
    paste
  end mouseUp

With the browse tool active and some text on the clipboard, I clicked in a
field on the card and immediately clicked the button, but the paste didn't
happen. OTOH clicking in the field and then doing CTRL-V did result in a
paste. It seems I lost my insertion point when I clicked the button. Why
was that, and how can I make it work? After all, clicking the button is
pretty much like choosing 'paste' as a menu item, isn't it?

TIA

Graham