Application Icons in Mac classic

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 29 18:47:11 EDT 2004

On Sat, 29 May 2004 06:58:01 -0700, Mark Brownell
<gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:
>[big snip]

>If you want to see if the icons travel well on first installs on Mac
>Classic then go to this page and download the Mac Classic version on
>your (<= Mac 9.1) computer.
>
>http://www.gizmotron.org/intuition/download.html
>
>It would be comforting to know if these changed icons actually work as
>intended. There should be a red square icon with a blue dot, an "X" and
>"MTML" in the middle.

Hi Mark

I did the download to my Mac running MacOS 9.2.2 - I can't go further
back than this, so if you really want <=9.1 I may not have proved
your case. But anyway yes, it all appeared (and worked) as expected:
I simply downloaded the .sit file, expanded it, opened the folder and
voila! there were the icons. I had no trouble opening the app or
using it (in a very superficial way so far, I have to admit), or
indeed double-clicking on one of its documents and starting it that
way (which shows AFAIUI that the desktop database is doing its stuff).

Thanks for all your help and reassurance on this subject, and thanks
to all others who replied to my query. Nearly all my own Classic
users will be installing for the first time, so I won't have to take
any special measures for rebuilding the desktop.

Graham