Revolution Masters Summit, Monterey, July 2004

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri May 28 14:53:17 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

How'd you like to hang out in beautiful Monterey, California, at an
ocean-front bed-and-breakfast hotel for a couple of days of intense but
fun digging into Revolution with a couple dozen other talented and
experienced developers?

That's the purpose of the First Annual Monterey Revolution Masters
Summit to be held July 16-17 in picturesque Monterey. This exclusive
event is designed to bring together people who are serious about their
Revolution development skills and want to both share and learn with and
from others of a similar mind set.

To make the event as practical as possible, we're not creating a
complex conference but a simple one-room, 25-developer event so that we
can keep the cost down (total conference fee is only $125). You'll get
a limited-edition T-shirt that is ONLY available to those who attend
this historic gathering, along with breakfast and lunch both days.

Chipp Walters and I are co-hosting the event. There's a Web site at
http://www.altuit.com/webs/demo/RevolutionMastersSummit/default.htm
with all the details and a sign-up page. (The site may be down due to a
hardware malfunction which is being repaired as I write this. If it is,
email me about your interest.)

This conference is intended for advanced Revolution users-- those
professional developers who make a living using Revolution and
MetaCard. A virtual who's who of presentors have tentatively planned on
being there including familiar names such as:

Richard Gaskin
Ken Ray
Tuviah Snyder
Scott Rossi
Jacque Landman Gay
Rob Cozens
Dar Scott
Chipp Walters
Chris Bohnert
Jerry Daniels
Mark Weider

and of course myself:-)!

The presentations will all be of an advanced nature and include:
-Report preparation and printing (Jerry Daniels)
-The "Magic Carpet Architecture" for automatic for version control,
online updating and deployment of Web-based applications (Chipp
Walters)
-Best coding practices (Richard Gaskin and Ken Ray)
-A modified Periodic Extreme Programming model for Rev development (Dan
Shafer and Chipp Walters)
-"Building a simple math external for both Mac and PC using freeware
compilers" for Dummies (Chris Bohnert)
-Custom Controls and Library Packaging (Dar Scott)
-Encryption with Script Examples  (Dar Scott)
-Running Rev on the Server: CGI and RevHTTPd Approaches (Dan Shafer)
-Deploying an n-Tier Architecture System Using Rev, PHP, and MySQL (Dan
Shafer, Chipp Walters, and Chris Bohnert)
-MC IDE vs RunRev IDE Shoot-out! (Ken Ray, Richard Gaskin, Jacque Gay)
- and others to be named later....

Currently there are only 10 slots left. So sign up now!