Application Icons in Mac classic

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 13:31:02 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 09:34  AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> The key is to make sure you rebuild your desktop after doing your icon
> work with resedit.  If it is a new icon, the system does not show it
> until you rebuild.
>
> You do that by restarting your systems, hold down the apple and option
> keys until the message appears asking if it is ok to rebuild.  There
> are freeware apps that will do it for you.  OS X has a button that
> will do it in the OS 9 control panel.
> --
> Best regards,
> Mark Talluto

Yeah, I did that yesterday and the proper icon has appeared
occasionally in several open file dialog windows but not as the finder
icon or the app icon. That was after rebuilding the desktop.

I discovered this:

> I'm on to it now, check this out:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/268e.htm
> Files Appear with Generic Icons in the Finder Troubleshooting Guide

Just need to find a virgin mac classic... (Jokes start here)  I'm too
lazy to dump the extension file, as recommended by the advice at that
website mentioned above.

Thanks,

Mark