Single package for OS 9 and X?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu May 27 11:36:39 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 09:16 AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Is there a way I can make a Mac OS X Revolution app, that, when someone
> attempts to run it on Mac OS 9, will display a popup saying "This
> application is
> designed to work only in Mac OS X".   Right now, OS 9 users just see
> folders
> (which is what I would expect).   Somehow Mindvision VISE has a
> technique for
> making some sort of "combo" file that works in OS 9 and OS X at the
> same time - -
> - was just curious if the same technique could be applied to
> Revolution.

It seems that I have seen some things that implied this could be done.
I was not interested at the time and did not pause to look into it.  If
it is possible, it might be done in modifying the OS X app bundle by
adding some directories, by moving over the OS 9 app and by editing
some files.

Look at app bundle specs.

Dar Scott