xp dont like small scrollbars

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 27 10:59:53 EDT 2004

Meitnik at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 05/27/2004 10:15:36 AM, chip writes:
>
>>I believe there's a problem with the XP interface only supporting a
>>single size of scrollbar. So, to fix the problem, set your
>>scrollbarWidth to 16. Chances are you've set them to 'small' in the IDE.
>>Try setting them to large...or explicitly set them to 16.
>>-- humm, I need them small. Does this effect scrollbar objects too? If so, I
>
> will need to roll an scrollbar obj, anyone has one for text flds? Will this be
> fixed in future updates?
> Thanks for the tip.

16 pixels is the OS standard size and pretty small at that, at the lower
threshold of usability.

Is it absolutely necessary that your app have them smaller?  Could there
be some other change to the layout which could deliver the benefit
you're looking for without the detriment?

If the IDE provides an option for any smaller size I would post a
suggestion for its removal to Bugzilla.  On modern high-rez displays 16
pixels is hard enough to grab.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation