Application Icons in Mac classic

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 16:17:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

Has anyone successfully created a standalone Mac 9 app with Rev 2.2
that included an icon for the app? I used Iconographer to create
recommended icons and tried to build in Rev 2.2 Mac 10 and native in an
I-Mac 9.0 using Rev 2.2 Classic. In either case I can't get Rev to
accept and show the icon. The standalone builder won't add it properly.
Is this a known bug?

I've been beating my head against a wall for three days on this.
Iconographer has a cheating way to do it that is no better than copy
and paste inside the "get info window." This does not display the
proper icon for the finder and can be removed with the delete button.

The standalone builder bothers to ask during a set up but does nothing
during the build.

Any suggestions or success stories would be welcome.

Mark