IDE Interference (not just a another rant)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed May 26 14:06:45 EDT 2004

that was a hypothetical estimate in favor of RR's engine ;)

Given the astronomical speeds of the systems we have (overblown IOWs)
the whole operation should not take 1 second! But consider that when
you save the hilitedlines get deselected too... If you do type
save this stack in the messagebox instead of control-s it does take
less than 1 second on an overloaded 1.8MHz... So why waste this time
on the dialog...

Sounds like a bugzilla suggestion!

But it's these slowdowns that bring up the real issues with conflicting
leaks of IDE event within developper running code space. Something that was
"almost" impervious in the HC, SC and MC environments.

Am I watching too much star trek or what?
I'll try to write a borg simulator in RR sometime!