Passing variables between Flash and Rev

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue May 25 15:03:58 EDT 2004

Rob,

Unfortunately, the answer is 'no' (at least not in Flash MX which is what I
have). If the Rev app is in the 'fscommand' folder of the Flash standalone,
you can launch it, but the security sandbox of Flash doesn't allow for
command line arguments to be passed or any other form of communication,
including writing of files. Flash can store things in a cache, but it's in a
format that can't be read by Rev (AFAIK).

The only thing that you *can* do, IMHO, is to launch the Rev app and open a
socket between the two, pass your information through the socket, and then
close down Flash.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software