Undocumented Transcript & Valentina ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 16:04:23 EDT 2004

--- Mark Brownell <gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I see this assert command and I wonder what it is.
>
> Example code from Valentina Example:
>
> put

assert("CREATE",Valentina("DataBase_CREATE",theFile,4))
> into dbRef
>
> put

assert("MakeNewBaseObject",Valentina("DataBase_MakeNewBaseObject",dbRef,

> "CUSTOMERS")) into boRef
>
> put

Valentina("BaseObject_MakeNewField",boRef,"CUSTOMER_ID","ULong")

> into res
> get assert( "MakeNewField(Customer_ID)", res)
>
> This assert command works I was just wondering about
> its use.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

My best guess is that the assert() function checks if
there's an error in the result and may just throw an
exception if that's the case.
But I do wonder where you read it, as it's not in the
VXCMD Reference ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====