QuickTime capabilities question (naive response)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 22 12:09:53 EDT 2004

Mark Talluto wrote:
> On May 21, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Erik Hansen wrote:
>> is there any way to automate the whole deal
>> and put it in a button "Install Me!"
>> along the lines of Alice in the Looking Glass?
>
> You can put the whole installer into a custom property and spit it out,
> run the installer, and delete it when it is all over.  I have done this
> a few times for installing fonts.

An excellent suggestion.

Also, most installers allow you to launch other installers as part of
the installation sequence.  So even if just another file on the CD, it's
fairly common for the QT installer to be piggy-backed this way as just
another step in the installation.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation