Synchronized scrolling fields

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 21 14:20:25 EDT 2004

On 5/21/04 7:20 AM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> The data field does have a vertical
> grid, but I want the equivalent of a fixed or locked first line and
> first column to be column and row labels respectively.  So, not matter
> how far down or across a user scrolls, they can always identify the row
> and column they're viewing by looking at the labels.  The labels
> themselves can be hypertext that trigger handlers to sort the data.

I usually create a separate header field for the both the top header and
the side header. Then use either a single table field for the data, or
several individual fields. Once you get it all set up, group the whole
business and set the group to have both vertical and horizontal
scrollbars. You don't need to script any scrolling commands, since the
headers will scroll in sync along with the group.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com