Palette redraw problem

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri May 21 04:26:26 EDT 2004

>Before I bugzilla this, I wanted to check to see if anyone else has
>hit this snag and whether there is a work-around for it.
>
>I have stack that opens a tool palete. I want the palette to
>disappear when the stack is not frontmost, and reappear when it is.
>I scripted a suspendStack handler and a resumeStack handler to
>manage this:
>
>on suspendStack
>  hide palette "myPalette"
>end suspendStack
>
>on resumeStack
>  show palette "myPalette"
>end resumeStack
>
>This works exactly every other time the stack is suspended; that is,
>the first time it hides, the second time it doesn't. In addition,
>the times when the palette is reshown, it is not redrawn and appears
>on screen as a plain white rectangle with no contents. "Go this card
>of stack myPalette" from the message box will force a redraw and the
>contents appear.

After reading that "palette" above was a miss in email, I have
verified that the same occurs under OS9. When the palette is hidden,
it always shows. However, when it is showing, it hides only on every
other switch. From watching messages, I see that the suspendStack is
sent one time to the palette stack and another time to the other
stack. It seems that when the palette shows first time, it remains
the defaultstack so the next suspend will go to it. This happens even
if I just click the palette to generate suspend/resume. Sounds like
engine bug.

Robert