QuickTime capabilities question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 21 00:57:38 EDT 2004

Graham Samuel <graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> I found out that you can't force
> Windows users to install QT, but that's
> another story...

Of course you can't force anyone to install anything, but if the
benefits are compelling enough it's not hard to get users to choose to
install QT, and even easier if you get the free license from Apple to
include the QT installer on your product's CD.  With the HyperRESEARCH
product I make for ResearchWare we haven't had a single complaint from
Win users about installing QT; given the wide range of formats it allows
our product to support they're often glad we use it.

But of course acceptance will depend on the market the software
addresses.  What sort of audience are you finding resistance to QT in?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation