html tag for page break?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 22:05:10 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 06:27  PM, Pat Trendler wrote:

> I am using htmlText and revPrintText to print from scrollable fields
> from
> various cards. How can I force a page break where I want it?
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Pat Trendler

I would put the htmlText of your scrollable field into a variable. You
might need to deliberately strip all cr & return chars so that you have
one long string in the variable and then replace "</p>" with ("</p>" &
return). Anyway I would count out the number of lines, select an
appropriate line to cut at, check it for number of chars and cut it
down to a size that fits a printed page and add "</p>" to the end of
the cut point. Then start the next page from the cut point with "<p>"

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way or better way to set page
lengths before printing. I've never tried to do this. Sounds like a
nice feature to have though.

Mark