terminate script from keyboard

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu May 20 09:07:36 EDT 2004

Paul,

This is the kind of bug that really fires me up... Talk about a
bug conglomerate - 6 for the price of one...

Im glad Im not the only stupid user having these problems...
I hope those are RR IDE development are listening 'coz
im in the middle of this kind of CRAP - and I've experienced
this since day one in MC...

Bug 1, 2 and 3
I've told Scott years ago that cmd-period doesn't work on PCs...
My real question is why am i not being taken seriously? And
above all, why is there a mention of this combo if it doesn't work?

Control-C should work to stop these scripts.
Of course, when there is an endless loop, It's harder to intercept -
RR or MC being such process gluttons...

Bug 4
One solution is to switch to the main RR process (you will have to make
the revtoolbar a palette to do that first or it wont show up in your
taskbar.
Once you got this set up (you can use a startup plugin to set the toolbar
as a palette automatically). To have a better chance of your control-c
bring intercepted, you might need to click and control-c furiously until
it works...

Bug 5
My current crap bug - which is untraceable, no session log, no control-c,
no solution... is that when I do a linkclick, and request the url, RR
hangs
on W2003... Not consistently, mind you, just to make things more
interesting...

HyperCard had this basic finesse which RR is still years behind... I dont
care
about DB engines, I care about jumping into a debug mode anytime
cmd-shft-.
Having real variables displayed realtime in the VW, all messages showing
in the MW,
etc... Why isn't this BASIC level of IDE interaction not available yet?
Why is the
bug report window such a pain in the arse - if you dont see it, you start
wondering
about all kinds of things going wrong... etc, etc...

Im currently hacking my way through the RR IDE to get things the way they
were!
Yet some of these things may not be fixed soon and without a solid IDE,
there's
no way RR will win over Flash or VB anytime soon... And next RR upgrade, I
have
to start over again... C'est la vie...

It's like drag'n'drop in Lotus Notes! Effective only where not needed...
Anyone care to comment or help?

My 2 humble fired-up cents... No offense meant where needed