problems with "send" and macosx .3.3

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed May 19 05:09:23 EDT 2004

Hello Shao,

I'm not sure to understand the way you are using to send the
login/password messages from each client-side app to the server-side
app... POST, GET, under HTTP ?
Could you, please, explain a little more how this process is handled ?

I use POST/HTTP to manage such kind of stuffs under MC 2.5/Linux and
Rev 2.1.2/OSX 3.3 and all works as expected.

Best Regards, Pierre

Le 19 mai 04, à 05:31, shaosean at unitz.ca a écrit :

> i'm developing a program in runrev 2.1 on macosx .3.3 (aka panther) and
> have noticed something weird when using the send command..
>
> i have a multi-user network-enabled intranet program, and during the
> testing of the login/password everything went smoothly until i decided
> to use someone else's login/password combo..
>
> all the information is being sent from the client to the server and is
> completely intact before the "send" command (the actually send command
> is being sent with the "do" command do to the complexity of it).. if i
> change "do" to "answer" the proper information is there, but in the
> receiving handler the "answer" states "false"..
>
> the receiving handler correctly "answer"s my login/password info, and
> it
> works fine when everyone else's password is the same as mine.. if the
> passwords are changed, it stops working..
>
> now the really weird part to all of this is the fact that my password
> in
> the runrev app is base64 encoded and is the same as my macosx login
> password.. and!! if i include my password anywhere in the data being
> sent for the login/password (ie.. as a dummy parameter) all the other
> accounts work..
>
> anyone else see this on macosx?   i'll need to burn a copy and try it
> on
> my windows machines at home..
>
> -Sean

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"