problems with "send" and macosx .3.3

shaosean at unitz.ca shaosean at unitz.ca
Tue May 18 23:31:25 EDT 2004

i'm developing a program in runrev 2.1 on macosx .3.3 (aka panther) and
have noticed something weird when using the send command..

i have a multi-user network-enabled intranet program, and during the
testing of the login/password everything went smoothly until i decided
to use someone else's login/password combo..

all the information is being sent from the client to the server and is
completely intact before the "send" command (the actually send command
is being sent with the "do" command do to the complexity of it).. if i
change "do" to "answer" the proper information is there, but in the
receiving handler the "answer" states "false"..

the receiving handler correctly "answer"s my login/password info, and it
works fine when everyone else's password is the same as mine.. if the
passwords are changed, it stops working..

now the really weird part to all of this is the fact that my password in
the runrev app is base64 encoded and is the same as my macosx login
password.. and!! if i include my password anywhere in the data being
sent for the login/password (ie.. as a dummy parameter) all the other
accounts work..

anyone else see this on macosx?   i'll need to burn a copy and try it on
my windows machines at home..

-Sean