Drawing a "Centered" Circle

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon May 17 11:05:35 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Has anyone given any thought or scripting time to exploring what it
would take to draw a circle that is centered over the loc of the
original mouseDown?

In the course of public presentation I would like to project a map
and allow people in the audience to identify an area on the map by
drawing a circle around it with a mouse.

Using Transcript's oval tool the loc & shape of a circle change as
the mouseLoc changes.  I want the effect of a perfect circle growing
or shrinking around a fixed point as the mouse recedes from or
approaches that point.

At the moment, the approach I'm contemplating involves:

1.  Drawing a minimal circle on mouseDown
2.  Changing the oval tool's ink (or visible property?) to make a new
invisible oval.
3.  On mouseMove change the width & height of the original circle to
the distance between the mouseDown loc and the current mouse loc
4.  On mouseUp delete the invisible oval.

Anyone have any comments or a better solution to offer?

TIA.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company