Import as Substack?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 15:08:56 EDT 2004

--- Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I remembering things that didn't happen?  I
> thought I had recalled some
> discussion on a new feature that allowed one to
> import a separate stack
> as/to a substack of a different stack.  But when I
> searched the
> documentation, I didn't find such an animal.
>
> Does it exist?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Judy

Hi Judy,

The easiest way to import a stack a a substack is to
change its mainStack property. Open the stack, and use
the Inspector palette to change the mainstack.

In case you want to copy a substack from one stack to
another, save the source stack, and use the Inspector
palette to change the mainstack of the substack.
Close the source stack but don't save it, and the
substack will now be in both stacks.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====