Open as palette

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun May 16 11:28:37 EDT 2004

Jim Hurley wrote:

>> Hi Jim,
>>
>>>  How do I get a stack to open  palette in the palette mode?
>>>
>>>  I've tried
>>>
>>>    on preopenstack
>>>      palette  stack "myStack"
>>>    end preopenstack
>>>
>>>  in the stack script.
>>

>> i had great success with:
>>
>>    on preopenstack
>>      set the style of stack "xyz" to palette
>>      ## or ...of this stack...
>>    end preopenstack
 >>
> I was successful as well with your suggestion. I had played around with
> every combination of "palette this stack" in a preopenstack script and a
> preopencard  script. That message worked only when delivered from the
> msg box.

I wonder why that should be necessary.  The style property of a stack is
a persistent property, so if it's opened with the generic "open" command
it should be fine.

Is this in the IDE or in a standalone?  Does the IDE use "open" or does
it force modality by using "toplevel"?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation