Saving text file as read-only

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sun May 16 09:37:00 EDT 2004

> but a better way would be to save the text file as read only. I can't
> find any way to do that. Can anyone help?

In my experience I've found that saving any file as read only is nothing
more than a minor detour when it comes to changing the file's contents.
It's easy to reverse this parameter in almost any Operating System (Mac,
Windows, Etc).  Your best bet would be a form of encryption.

Also, try to save it in a location that is not common for application files.
For example, don't save the results within the Application's own folder.
That is usually the first place I will look.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software