Building standalones (savingStandalone)

K nnoydb at excite.com
Sat May 15 11:53:14 EDT 2004

Question (1)

Does the stackFiles property of the main stack apply to all it's children (substacks).  If I code:

start using "libMine"

will 'RR' look at the stackFiles property of the sub stack as well as it's parent main stack for the library?

Question (2)

Is savingStandalone sent to all main stacks?

For example I set the stackFiles propery to reflect all the library stacks required for a particular module.  The library stacks are "main stacks" and are included via a modified "start using" construct that I created.  However, the construct needs to alter it's behavior when in a standalone.

Question (3)

When standalone builder has a complete list of all files (.rev) required to operate a specific application does it include them in the standalone?

Example:
I add a stack to the list of require stacks.  When the compliation (and I use that term loosely) occurs does the standalone builder put all the support stacks in the executable or must I still copy them to the application location?

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)