Asynchronous control of many objects

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 12 20:54:41 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at 06:34 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> My problem is that I use the *identical handler* in *each* of the 50
> balls. That seems inefficient. Is there a way to control a large
> number of objects asynchronously without duplicating the handler in
> each of the objects?

I didn't look at your stack, so I might be way off.

The answer is probably yes.  You can make sure the handlers for
controlling these are in the message path of the balls.  for example,
they can be in the script of the owning group or in the script of the
card.

Use 'the target' to know what ball any message was sent to.  Use custom
properties instead of local variables.  In "message machinery"  (my
term for 'send' cycles), you can also include ball specific info in the
parameters.

Dar Scott