Rev cgi install + potential problem with cgi tutorial

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed May 12 00:57:46 EDT 2004

jbv:

Last time we tried to install Revolution on a Linux server we could not
get it to work, even with correct permissions, due to missing
libraries... we *were* able to drop an old copy of MC
into the cgi-bin and chmod 755, and it worked as expected.

What version of Rev did you install? Are the missing libraries now
included in the latest Linux distribution? Or did you do something
yourself as a work around for missing libraries?

We're moving to a managed dedicated server-box soon, probably with Rack
Space, and I'll need to install Revolution there under Red Hat.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org