This list: formattting issue

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 11 03:38:30 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 16:58:02 -0400 (EDT) "Kevin" <nnoydb at excite.com> wrote:

[a useful input to my animated-GIF question - thanks to all who replied,
but it's not the subject of this particular email]

I notice that every time Kevin (and **only** Kevin) includes a quotation in
a message to the list (at least when I see it in the Digest) it comes out
like uninterpreted HTML - a text string with tags but no returns. I hope
the following will show what I'm seeing(I'm sure it will if you're using
Eudora on Windows anyway):

Recently, "Graham Samuel"  wrote:<br><br>> I could reduce the number of
animated GIFs in my app (which might be a<br>> cause of these difficulties)
if I could change the frame rate of an<br>> animated GIF on the fly. So far
I haven't found anything in the<br>> documentation about this: can anyone
the frameRate but you don't need to rely on it either.  Set<br>the
repeatCount of your GIF to 0 and increment the currentFrame via
currentFrame of img myGIF<br>   if it < the frameCount of img myGIF
currentFrame of img myGIF to F<br>   send "playGIF" to me in 100
on this technique.  A scripted solution gives<br>you much greater control

Does anyone know why this happens and how one can get round it? I find this
text more or less unreadable?

TIA
Graham