Self adjusting code?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue May 4 23:41:10 EDT 2004

Randall,

Welcome to this list and to Revolution.

What I think you are referring to is that Revolution "standalones"
cannot be modified. The is a restriction that the Mac OS does not have
but other OSs do so Revolution imposes this restriction on all
platforms. The standalones are the executables.

Fortunately, this is easily worked around. All you have to do is create
a standalone which opens your stack. The stack is completely modifiable
just like HyperCard and SuperCard by issuing save commands. This works
the same on all platforms and the stacks themselves are completely
portable across all platforms.

You can do what you suggest in your original email but it doesn't need
to be that complicated.

Bill Vlahos