Hypercard Icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 4 16:28:06 EDT 2004

On 5/4/04 7:27 AM, Martin Sandberg wrote:

> The Revolution Encyclopedia says the following:
>

> * Icons and cursors are imported as images. All imported icons are
> placed in a group called "HC Icons", which is not placed on any card. If
> you plan to replace all of the icons with color substitutes, you can
> delete this group entirely when you no longer need the icons for
> reference. Imported cursors are placed in a group called "HC cursors".
>

> When I imported, all my buttons lost their icons and I don't see either
> of the above groups. Is this something that only works with the
> purchased version, I'm still using the trial version. I'm just about to
> buy it though - remarkably easy port from Hypercard!

It works with any version, but note that Rev will only import icons that
are stored in the stack's resource fork. If your stack uses HC icons
that come from the Home stack, they don't get converted. What you need
to do is first, in HyperCard, move those icons into the stack itself.
You can do this by:

Select the button tool
Double-click the button
Click the "Icon" button
Select an icon
Click the "Edit..." button

When the editing dialog appears, just close it. You don't have to
actually edit anything to move the icon into the stack, just opening the
Edit dialog will do it.

Repeat this for each icon you want to include. Then -- and this is
important -- compact the stack twice in a row.

The same thing applies to cursors. The HC cursors won't be moved unless
they live in the stack. However, Rev offers a hand cursor of its own, so
most of the time you don't need to worry about cursors. Any custom
cursors you have added will already be in the stack's resource fork.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com