Re: SC – programs() eqivalent?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon May 3 23:44:11 EDT 2004

On May 3, 2004, at 8:57 PM, Terry Judd wrote:

> SuperCard has a programs() function that returns a list of the current
> user processes. Rev doesn't appear to have anything similar built in Ð
> is there any practical method for getting this information? I only
> need to do this on the Mac in the first instance but a cross platform
> solution would be fabulous.
>
> Any ideas?

if you're on unix-flavour systems like MacOS X, bsd, linux, you can use
the shell function with "ps -auxc" this will list every process running
along with many info.

if you're the one launching the process (from Rev) you can use
openProcesses to retrieve the processes...

don't know how to do it on classic...

cheers
andre

> Cheers,
>
> Terry...
>
> Dr Terry Judd
> Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
> Biomedical Multimedia Unit
> Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
> The University of Melbourne
> Parkville VIC 3052
> AUSTRALIA

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL