Set focusable property via script?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 30 18:15:18 EDT 2004

On 6/30/04 4:24 PM, Marian Petrides wrote:

> I have a stack with a very large number of cards.  Now that I am done
> entering text into the fields on these cards, I want to be sure that
> each field is locked and that it is not focusable.
>
> Is there a way to set these properties from script?  I'd hate to have to
> check each and every one manually.
>
> And, yes, I did look in the dox, even searched but I don't see a
> property called focusable, nor one called locked.

You need "locktext" and "traversalOn".

I suspect you have your Rev preferences set to show descriptions of the
properties in the Inspector rather than the Transcript terms. You can
change that in Prefs -- in which case the checkboxes will tell you the
actual terms to use -- or else you can look at the tooltip that appears
over each checkbox, which will also tell you the name of the term. If
you have prefs set to show the Transcript words, then the tooltip shows
the description, and vice versa.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com