card id and button problem

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jun 30 12:32:06 EDT 2004

>This is the content of IT in the example above:
>
>card id 1004 of stack "Stack 1088607791" ## or something like that...

Since the subject has come up...

1. If I recall correctly, HyperTalk would return just the id digits
for "the id of ..." for some controls and [controlName] id [id
digits] of ...] for others.  There were ids, long ids, & short ids,
and the differentiation was not uniform among all controls.

2.  Rev Dictionary says "The create card command places the ID
property of the newly created card in the it variable."  That is not
true: if I type "put the id of this card", I get the id digits only.

At the very least, the Dictionary should read "The create card
command places the long ID property of..."
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company