Saving data in RTF in OS X

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 17:21:40 EDT 2004

--- Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I use put url ("file:" & filepath & ".txt") to save
> stack data to
> tab-delimited text files, which are then opened by
> TextEdit.  However,
> when I do the same thing but append ".rtf", TextEdit
> cannot open the
> file.  Is there some way that I can save as rtf?
>
> 	Greg

Hi Greg,

If you want to export the contents of a field to an
RTF-file, try the following :
--
  put the rtfText of field "foobar" into \
      url ("file:" & filepath & ".rtf")

Of course you can only export the rtf that fields
support ; if you need access to more rtf-features
(such as tables) you can make a template rtf file in
Word, fill it up with the actual data and save that to
a file like you were attempting.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====