Another Revolution Success Story

Kurt Kaufman kurtkaufman at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:40:43 EDT 2004

A physician in our area had a need for an application which could easily
import patient data from a text file (multiple rows of comma-delineated
data).  It was a simple task, using Revolution, to open the file and read
the data to a field.  Subsequently a "model" card was cloned and the
appropriate data sent to various fields on each card. Over a thousand
records were created this way in a few minutes.The only stumbling block
involved my forgetting that a standalone cannot modify itself.  No matter
though; I merely created an invisible "starter app" that immediately opened
a data stack in the data folder.
The application works "as advertised".
The doctor was impressed that it was possible to do this in a few hours!
-KK