scrolling fields without scrollbars

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jun 28 15:56:01 EDT 2004

At 9:08 AM -0600 6/28/2004, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>For example, I just set up a test field.  I put 10 lines of text in the
>field, leaving all of the fields default properties in tact, except for
>resizing it to a height of 90 pixels.  I thought that in order to go to the
>next "page" I should just set the vScroll to 90 (the height of the field).
>So I did that, but when I checked the value, it was only set to 59.

Was there less than two pages' worth of text in the field? (The
engine does not want to let you scroll past the last line of text, so
if there is, say, 1 1/4 pages of text, when you set the scroll to the
field height you'll see the last full page - starting 1/4 of the way
in - rather than the last quarter of a page.)

A quick and dirty way around this is to add a few returns to the end
when you populate the field, to make enough blank space at the end to
allow scrolling the full height of a page.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com