Problem with "read from socket"

maxence.bernard at ensi-bourges.fr maxence.bernard at ensi-bourges.fr
Mon Jun 28 15:38:54 EDT 2004

Hello,

I encounter a strange result in my program. I have a program like this :

answer "something"
read from socket socket1 for 2
answer "something2"

Sometimes, the "something2" message box doesn't appear or 4-5 minutes
later. That seems that the instruction "read from socket " does not finish
or waits for something, I think.  But I fixed the property
socketTimeoutInterval to one second after opening the socket :

set the socketTimeoutInterval to 1000

So the function should wait only one second and the "something2" message
box should appear. What is the problem ? Could it be that because it is
inside a loop ?

Maxence BERNARD