Whadaya need? A magnet?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 26 23:22:49 EDT 2004

On 6/26/04 7:06 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> Further testing shows metal window style in Rev 2.2.1 to be completely
> unpredictable and completely unreliable.

Do your scripts set the window decorations at all? If they do, then make
sure the decorations include "metal".

Also, try a test stack that is separate from the complex one you are
working on. If it works, then something in your scripts makes a difference.

> My window is the main app window, and is not resizable.
>
> Incorrectly drawing the window is not an option. Telling users to "quit
> and relaunch a few times until the window displays properly" is also not
> an option.
>
> Claiming the Rev supports metal window type on OSX apparently *is* an
> option, however it is not true.
>
> Now, I'll have to resort to faking it. Very disappointing.

Or put in a bug report about it and, if possible, submit a sample stack
that shows the problem (this would be important because the simple test
stack I made shows no problem at all. There is something else at work
here.) The next version of Rev is currently being bug-fixed like mad,
and your bug could make it into the fix list if you were so inclined.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com